Port Townsend, WA
The Charles Pink house was built by Horace Tucker in 1868. Charles Pink purchased the home from Tucker in 1874 and it remained in the Pink family until 1966. The city of Port Townsend purchased the house in 1981. The house had been neglected for years and was in total disrepair and going to be demolished. In 1993 Bob Little leased the house from the city of Port Townsend and restored it to meet both Washington State Archaeological and Department of Interior Guidelines. The Pink House now stands proud and elegant on its corner in the Uptown National Historic Landmark District. The Jefferson County Historical Society awarded this joint public-private partnership the Mary Johnson Preservation Award for contributing to the architectural heritage of the Port Townsend Area. The Pink House is special to Port Townsend because of its late Greek Revival Architectural style. It is also one of the few houses built in the 1860’s that survives in Washington.